Once you have become aware of a major medical incident we suggest you make contact with the patient to establish a course of action. In rare occasions the patient may be too ill to discuss this so establish contact with a close relative on holiday or a travelling companion and agree that that person will be the main contact for decision making.
In the early stages do not try to rush things, as a lot of the decisions to make over the next few days will be based on medical opinion.
We suggest you do the following:
- Make contact with the patient or a close relative
- Contact the Assistance Company (0044 845 180 0061) and advise you are the Resort Manager or Rep for (name of Tour Operator) in (name of resort) and notify of an incident in the name of (name of patient)
- Advise them you will be faxing them a completed Accident Report Form
- Gather as much information as you can on the form, as this will be useful for you and the Assistance company as the incident develops.
- Fax the form to the Assistance Company using the number at the top of the form, but don't wait for all the information to become available. This can be obtained later.