Road cycling cover sits under all our policies as standard, which includes emergency medical cover after an accident, repatriation, plus personal liability cover whilst cycling too.
Many of you I’m sure have taken part in some form of charity amateur road cycle event, at MPI we applaud your dedication and are pleased to report that this would be covered too as standard, even in the UK, if you hold a UK policy *
For those thrill seekers amongst you who enjoy downhill mountain biking, we have an option to extend the cover to incorporate this activity, plus cover for the bicycle up to £1,000 for loss and damage.
* please note that there is no emergency medical cover in the UK
- Single Trip, Seasonaire, Annual Multi Trip and Long Stay options
- A choice of three packages
- Emergency Medical Expenses up to £5 million
- 24-hour Emergency Medical Assistance and repatriation
- 24-hour claims line
- Travel provider failure
- Cancellation and curtailment
- Cover for road cycling
- Additional Amateur Mountain Biking options
- Damage and loss cover for a bike up to £1,000
- Baggage cover
- Personal liability
- Working cover under Seasonaire, Backpacker and Long Stay policies
- Most unplanned sports and activities covered
Do also remember to take your EHIC with you on all European trips, it doesn’t replace Travel Insurance, but it should be used in unison with Insurance and be carried on you at all times. Click here for more information on EHIC and how to apply for it for free.
“Remember it's not the cost that matters but the cover that counts.”