In the early stages do not try to rush things, as a lot of the decisions to make over the next few days will be based on medical opinion.
We suggest you do the following:
- Make contact with the patient or a close relative.
- Contact the Assistance Company (+44 1428 773000) and advise you are the Resort Manager or Rep for (name of Tour Operator) in (name of resort) and notify of an incident in the name of (name of patient).
- Advise them you will be sending them a completed Accident Report Form (fax or scan and email).
- Gather as much information as you can on the form, as this will be useful for you and the Assistance company as the incident develops.
- Send the form to the Assistance Company using the details at the top of the form (no contact details on the form, this needs to be looked at as to which details old/new etc need to be on there), but don't wait for all the information to become available. This can be obtained later.
You can view or download our Accident Report Form...